The board of directors of the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) has elected Stephen G. Branscum, group vice president, consumer products, BNSF Railway Company, as its chairman for 2010. Branscum has held numerous key intermodal positions for BNSF Railway and its predecessor, Santa Fe. He succeeds Greg Stefflre, CEO of Rail Delivery Services, Inc.
David L. Howland, vice president, Optimodal, LLC, was elected IANA's vice chairman, and Steve Rubin, president of Seacastle Chassis, Inc., was again named the Association's treasurer.
Five new directors were elected, and one director, James Hertwig, was re-elected. Each of these board members will begin a three-year term starting this month:
- James R. Hertwig, president, CSX Intermodal (Rail Division)
- Thomas M. Kelly, executive vice president & COO, MOL (America), Inc. (Water Division)
- Kevin Lhotak, president, Reliable Transportation Specialists, Inc. (Motor Carrier Division)
- Barry D. Michaels, assistant vice president for premium operations, Union Pacific Railroad Company (At-Large)
- Val T. Noel, president, Pacer Cartage, Inc. (At-Large)
- Phil Shook, director of intermodal, C.H. Robinson Worldwide (IMC Division)