Amtrak has continued infrastructure renewal work at New York’s Penn Station, which will increase service reliability for the station users.
Recently completed renewal and maintenance projects include:
- renewal of 125 feet of station track 7 at east end limits including the replacement of 600 railroad ties;
- total switch replacement at several sections within tracks 3X and 4X in “A” interlocking;
- wood, timber and rail replacement within “JO” interlocking ;
- replacement of 96 block ties in Line 1 of the East River tunnels;
- replacement of block ties within station tracks 2 and 10;
- positioning of equipment in preparation for summer work in July and August; and
- daily maintenance work.
Amtrak has released the schedules for passenger service during Infrastructure Renewal at Penn Station beginning July 10, 2017, through September 1, 2017.